Thu, Dec 01|
WESD Professional Learning Center
WESD Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
Reserved for the Willamette Education Service District personnel and guests and approved for 13 CEs (Oregon NASW), this in-depth workshop prepares individuals to provide suicide first-aid intervention using the evidence-based Pathway for Assisting Life (PAL) model.
Time & Location
Dec 01, 2022, 8:00 AM PST – Dec 02, 2022, 4:30 PM PST
WESD Professional Learning Center, 2611 Pringle Rd SE, Salem, OR 97302, USA
About the Event
This training is reserved for Willamette Education Service District personnel and guests.
Individual registration is $50. The WESD is sponsoring $220 per registration. Lunch is provided.
ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training is an in-depth workshop developed by LivingWorks that prepares individuals to provide suicide first-aid intervention using the evidence-based Pathway for Assisting Life (PAL) model. Backed by numerous peer reviewed studies and government reports, ASIST is recognized in SAMHSA’s and the Suicide Prevention Resource Center’s national registry of best practices. Although many professional caregivers use ASIST, anyone 16 or older can learn these life-saving skills. More information about ASIST can be found here: livingworks.net/asist.
What you’ll get:
- Skills to recognize and support a person with thoughts of suicide
- The ability to conduct a safety assessment and develop a safety plan
- Numerous opportunities to learn from other participants and practice your intervention skills at your own comfort level
- Training workbook, learning aids, and localized resources
- Certificate of completion
- 13 CEs through the Oregon NASW Chapter for interested participants
Duration: 2 days (16 hours), 8 am-4:30 pm both days
Audience: Anyone 16 years or older