Time & Location
About the Event
This training is reserved for Marion County Health and Human Services personnel and guests.
Individual registration is FREE using the coupon code in your email invitation after selecting the "checkout" button, prior to the "place order" button. (MCHHS has sponsored the $40 registration).
SafeTALK - Suicide Alertness For Everyone - is a half-day workshop that trains participants to become alert helpers who can recognize individuals with thoughts of suicide, engage them in direct and open talk about suicide, and quickly connect them with someone who can do a more in-depth suicide intervention. Recognized in SAMHSA’s and the Suicide Prevention Resource Center’s national registry of best practices, this approach bolsters an overall network of safety by improving trainee skills and readiness with better skill retention compared to other connector programs. More information about SafeTALK can be found here: livingworks.net/safetalk.
What you’ll get:
- Skills to recognize warning signs of individuals with thoughts of suicide
- A framework for how to effectively engage a person with thoughts of suicide
- Opportunities to practice connecting a person with thoughts of suicide to someone who can provide a suicide intervention
- Training workbook, learning aids, and localized resources
- Certificate of completion
- Incite is requesting 3.5 CEs through the Oregon NASW Chapter
Duration: 4 hours
Audience: Anyone 16 years or older
Max Capacity: 30 participants
COVID Considerations: Find out how we are approaching in-person trainings at this time: inciteforchange.org/asist-covid-precautions. If we should need to cancel or reschedule this event, your registration will be refunded or you may choose to attend the next available training.
- MCHHS SafeTALK$40$400$0