Thu, Nov 17|
Grand Ronde Room
MCHHS Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
Reserved for Marion County Health and Human Services personnel and guests and approved for 13 CEs (Oregon NASW), this in-depth workshop prepares individuals to provide suicide first-aid intervention using the evidence-based Pathway for Assisting Life (PAL) model.
Time & Location
Nov 17, 2022, 8:00 AM PST – Nov 18, 2022, 4:30 PM PST
Grand Ronde Room, 2755 Pence Loop SE, Salem, OR 97302, USA
About the Event
This training is reserved for Marion County Health and Human Services personnel and guests.
ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training is an in-depth workshop developed by LivingWorks that prepares individuals to provide suicide first-aid intervention using the evidence-based Pathway for Assisting Life (PAL) model. Backed by numerous peer reviewed studies and government reports, ASIST is recognized in SAMHSA’s and the Suicide Prevention Resource Center’s national registry of best practices. Although many professional caregivers use ASIST, anyone 16 or older can learn these life-saving skills. More information about ASIST can be found here: livingworks.net/asist.
What you’ll get:
- Skills to recognize and support a person with thoughts of suicide
- The ability to conduct a safety assessment and develop a safety plan
- Numerous opportunities to learn from other participants and practice your intervention skills at your own comfort level
- Training workbook, learning aids, and localized resources
- Certificate of completion
- 12.5 CEs through the Oregon NASW Chapter for interested participants