Tue, Sep 19|
Benton County SafeTALK
This workshop trains participants to become alert helpers who can recognize individuals with thoughts of suicide, engage and quickly connect them with someone who can do a suicide intervention. (3.5 CEs)
Time & Location
Sep 19, 2023, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM PDT
Sunset Building, 4077 SW Research Way, Corvallis, OR 97333, USA
About the Event
This training is beeing sponsored by Benton County Health Department. They are covering the full cost of regestration and lunch, regularly $95!
SafeTALK - Suicide Alertness For Everyone - is a half-day workshop that trains participants to become alert helpers who can recognize individuals with thoughts of suicide, engage them in direct and open talk about suicide, and quickly connect them with someone who can do a more in-depth suicide intervention. Recognized in SAMHSA’s and the Suicide Prevention Resource Center’s national registry of best practices, this training meets a portion of Oregon House Bill 2315 requirements for suicide-specific continuing education for mental health professionals. More information about SafeTALK can be found here: livingworks.net/safetalk.
What you’ll get:
- Skills to recognize warning signs of individuals with thoughts of suicide
- A framework for how to effectively engage a person with thoughts of suicide
- Opportunities to practice connecting a person with thoughts of suicide to someone who can provide a suicide intervention
- Training workbook, learning aids, and localized resources
- Certificate of completion
- 3.5 CEs through the Oregon NASW Chapter for interested participants