Thu, Jan 25|
WESD Professional Learning Center
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training - Veterans and Older Adults
Reserved for Veterans and Older Adults. Approved for 12.5 CEs (Oregon NASW), this in-depth workshop prepares individuals to provide suicide first-aid intervention using the evidence-based Pathway for Assisting Life (PAL) model.
Time & Location
Jan 25, 2024, 8:00 AM – Jan 26, 2024, 4:30 PM
WESD Professional Learning Center, 2611 Pringle Rd SE, Salem, OR 97302, USA
About the Event
Individual registration is FREE!!
ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training is an in-depth workshop developed by LivingWorks that prepares individuals to provide suicide first-aid intervention using the evidence-based Pathway for Assisting Life (PAL) model. Backed by numerous peer reviewed studies and government reports, ASIST is recognized in SAMHSA’s and the Suicide Prevention Resource Center’s national registry of best practices. Although many professional caregivers use ASIST, anyone 16 or older can learn these life-saving skills. More information about ASIST can be found here: livingworks.net/asist.
What you’ll get:
- Skills to recognize and support a person with thoughts of suicide
- The ability to conduct a safety assessment and develop a safety plan
- Numerous opportunities to learn from other participants and practice your intervention skills at your own comfort level
- Training workbook, learning aids, and localized resources
- Certificate of completion
- 12.5 CEs through the Oregon NASW Chapter for interested participants
Duration: 2 days (16 hours), 8 am-4:30 pm both days
Audience: Anyone 16 years or older
Max Capacity: 30 participants
Health and Safety Considerations: Please review our current Health & Safety Precautions which can be found at inciteforchange.org/health-safety. If we should need to cancel or reschedule this event, your registration will be refunded or you may choose to attend the next available training.
- Sale ends: Jan 22, 2024, 5:00 PM
Veterans and Older Adults
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training$0.00