Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
Time & Location
About the Event
This training is reserved for Willamette Education Service District personnel and guests.
Individual registration is $50 using the coupon code in your email invitation after selecting the "checkout" button, prior to the "place order" button. (Registration is regularly $250 - WESD has sponsored $200 per registration). Lunch is included.
ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training is an in-depth workshop developed by LivingWorks that prepares individuals to provide suicide first-aid intervention using the evidence-based Pathway for Assisting Life (PAL) model. Backed by numerous peer reviewed studies and government reports, ASIST is recognized in SAMHSA’s and the Suicide Prevention Resource Center’s national registry of best practices. Although many professional caregivers use ASIST, anyone 16 or older can learn these life-saving skills. More information about ASIST can be found here: livingworks.net/asist.
What you’ll get:
- Skills to recognize and support a person with thoughts of suicide
- The ability to conduct a safety assessment and develop a safety plan
- Numerous opportunities to learn from other participants and practice your intervention skills at your own comfort level
- Training workbook, learning aids, and localized resources
- Certificate of completion
- 12.5 CEs through the Oregon NASW Chapter for interested participants
Duration: 2 days (16 hours), 8 am-4:30 pm both days
Audience: Anyone 16 years or older
Max Capacity: 30 participants
COVID Considerations: Find out how we are approaching in-person trainings at this time: inciteforchange.org/asist-covid-precautions If we should need to cancel or reschedule this event, your registration will be refunded or you may choose to attend the next available training.
- WESD ASIST$250$2500$0