Tue, May 09|
Broadway Commons Peru Room
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
This in-depth workshop prepares individuals to provide suicide first-aid intervention using the evidence-based Pathway for Assisting Life (PAL) model. It is approved for 13 CEs (Oregon NASW).
Time & Location
May 09, 8:00 AM PDT – May 10, 4:00 PM PDT
Broadway Commons Peru Room, 1300 Broadway St NE, Salem, OR 97301, USA
About the Event
There are spots open in this Salem-Keizer School District training. Regularly $250, tickets are being discounted to $75. Salem-Keizer employees and guests, vist the SKSD password-protected page to register for free.
ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training is an in-depth workshop developed by LivingWorks that prepares individuals to provide suicide first-aid intervention using the evidence-based Pathway for Assisting Life (PAL) model. Backed by numerous peer reviewed studies and government reports, ASIST is recognized in SAMHSA’s and the Suicide Prevention Resource Center’s national registry of best practices. Although many professional caregivers use ASIST, anyone 16 or older can learn these life-saving skills. More information about ASIST can be found here: livingworks.net/asist.
What you’ll get:
- Skills to recognize and support a person with thoughts of suicide
- The ability to conduct a safety assessment and develop a safety plan
- Numerous opportunities to learn from other participants and practice your intervention skills at your own comfort level
- Training workbook, learning aids, and localized resources
- Certificate of completion
- 13 CEs through the Oregon NASW Chapter for interested participants