Wed, Mar 22|
Grand Ronde Room
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
This in-depth workshop prepares individuals to provide suicide first-aid intervention using the evidence-based Pathway for Assisting Life (PAL) model and is approved for 13 CEs (Oregon NASW).
Time & Location
Mar 22, 8:00 AM PDT – Mar 23, 4:30 PM PDT
Grand Ronde Room, 2755 Pence Loop SE, Salem, OR 97302, USA
About the Event
There are spots open in this Marion County Health & Human Services training. Regularly $250, tickets are being discounted to $75. Marion County employees and guests, vist the MCHHS password-protected page to register for free.
ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training is an in-depth workshop developed by LivingWorks that prepares individuals to provide suicide first-aid intervention using the evidence-based Pathway for Assisting Life (PAL) model. Backed by numerous peer reviewed studies and government reports, ASIST is recognized in SAMHSA’s and the Suicide Prevention Resource Center’s national registry of best practices. Although many professional caregivers use ASIST, anyone 16 or older can learn these life-saving skills. More information about ASIST can be found here: livingworks.net/asist.
What you’ll get:
- Skills to recognize and support a person with thoughts of suicide
- The ability to conduct a safety assessment and develop a safety plan
- Numerous opportunities to learn from other participants and practice your intervention skills at your own comfort level
- Training workbook, learning aids, and localized resources
- Certificate of completion
- 13 CEs through the Oregon NASW Chapter for interested participants