Wed, Aug 03|
Youth SAVE (Suicide Assessment in Virtual Environments) equips school- and community-based mental health professionals with the tools to virtually assess for and intervene with youth who have thoughts of suicide. 7.25 CEUs are available through NASW.
Time & Location
Aug 03, 2022, 9:00 AM PDT – Aug 04, 2022, 1:00 PM PDT
About the Event
Youth SAVE - Suicide Assessment in Virtual Environments was developed by the Oregon Pediatric Society to equip school-based and community-based mental health professionals with the tools to virtually assess for suicide, and to intervene with youth who have thoughts of suicide. The training includes 8 hours of synchronous learning (live via Zoom) and 2 hours of asynchronous learning (pre-recorded webinars), all delivered virtually.
The live portion of the training is 9 am - 1 pm on both days.
What you’ll get:
- An intervention level training that centers equity and is effective in both virtual and in-person environments
- Skills to identify a youth's needs, impact factors, and resiliency factors; to conduct suicide assessment and intervention virtually; to create a collaborative, youth-centered safety plan; and to analyze your agency-specific protocols
- Several virtual tools and local resources to support your work
- Certificate of completion
- 7.25 CEs through the Oregon NASW Chapter for interested participants