Mon, Nov 06|
Columbia Gorge Conference Center
This workshop trains participants to become alert helpers who can recognize individuals with thoughts of suicide, engage and quickly connect them with someone who can do a suicide intervention. It is approved for 3.5 CEs (Oregon NASW).
Time & Location
Nov 06, 7:45 AM – 12:00 PM PST
Columbia Gorge Conference Center, 4000 Westcliff Dr, Hood River, OR 97031, USA
About the Event
The Oregon Suicide Prevention Conference is sponsoring this pre-conference session with discounted registration (regularly $90).
SafeTALK - Suicide Alertness For Everyone - is a half-day workshop that trains participants to become alert helpers who can recognize individuals with thoughts of suicide, engage them in direct and open talk about suicide, and quickly connect them with someone who can do a more in-depth suicide intervention. Recognized in SAMHSA’s and the Suicide Prevention Resource Center’s national registry of best practices, this approach bolsters an overall network of safety by improving trainee skills and readiness with better skill retention compared to other connector programs. More information about SafeTALK can be found here: livingworks.net/safetalk.
What you’ll get:
- Skills to recognize warning signs of individuals with thoughts of suicide
- A framework for how to effectively engage a person with thoughts of suicide
- Opportunities to practice connecting a person with thoughts of suicide to someone who can provide a suicide intervention
- Training workbook, learning aids, and localized resources
- Certificate of completion
- 3.5 CEs through the Oregon NASW Chapter for interested participants
From $25.00 to $60.00
Nov 03, 5:00 PM PDT
From $25.00 to $60.00Price optionPriceQuantityTotal