Tue, Jun 25|
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training - Youth & Young Adults age 16-24
Reserved for Youth & Young Adults ages 16-24. Approved for 12.5 CEs (Oregon NASW), this in-depth workshop prepares individuals to provide suicide first-aid intervention using the evidence-based Pathway for Assisting Life (PAL) model.
Time & Location
Jun 25, 2024, 8:00 AM – Jun 26, 2024, 4:30 PM
Salem Oregon , TBD
About the Event
Individual registration is FREE!!
ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training is an in-depth workshop developed by LivingWorks that prepares individuals to provide suicide first-aid intervention using the evidence-based Pathway for Assisting Life (PAL) model. Backed by numerous peer reviewed studies and government reports, ASIST is recognized in SAMHSA’s and the Suicide Prevention Resource Center’s national registry of best practices. Although many professional caregivers use ASIST, anyone 16 or older can learn these life-saving skills. More information about ASIST can be found here: livingworks.net/asist.
What you’ll get:
- Skills to recognize and support a person with thoughts of suicide
- The ability to conduct a safety assessment and develop a safety plan
- Numerous opportunities to learn from other participants and practice your intervention skills at your own comfort level
- Training workbook, learning aids, and localized resources
- Certificate of completion
- 12.5 CEs through the Oregon NASW Chapter for interested participants
Duration: 2 days (16 hours), 8 am-4:30 pm both days
Audience: Anyone 16 years or older
Max Capacity: 30 participants
Health & Safety Precautions: Find out how we are approaching in-person trainings at this time: https://inciteforchange.org/health-safety. If we should need to cancel or reschedule this event, your registration will be refunded or you may choose to attend the next available training.
- Sale ends: Jun 21, 2024, 5:00 PM
Youth & Young Adults age 16-24$0.00