Time is TBD|
Location is TBD
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
This in-depth workshop prepares individuals to provide suicide first-aid intervention using the evidence-based Pathway for Assisting Life (PAL) model and is approved for 13 CEs (Oregon NASW).
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Location is TBD
About the Event
If there are not currently any open community trainings, you can RSVP here to be notified of future trainings. Sometimes we are able to open up seats in agency trainings if they are not completely full. We typically know if there are available seats about 2 weeks in advance. For your planning purposes, the following dates are currently scheduled agency trainings that may have seats that become available.
- October 20-21, 2022
- November 17-18, 2022
- December 1-2, 2022
- February 23-24, 2023
- March 9-10, 2023
ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training is an in-depth workshop developed by LivingWorks that prepares individuals to provide suicide first-aid intervention using the evidence-based Pathway for Assisting Life (PAL) model. Backed by numerous peer reviewed studies and government reports, ASIST is recognized in SAMHSA’s and the Suicide Prevention Resource Center’s national registry of best practices. Although many professional caregivers use ASIST, anyone 16 or older can learn these life-saving skills. More information about ASIST can be found here: livingworks.net/asist.
What you’ll get:
- Skills to recognize and support a person with thoughts of suicide
- The ability to conduct a safety assessment and develop a safety plan
- Numerous opportunities to learn from other participants and practice your intervention skills at your own comfort level
- Training workbook, learning aids, and localized resources
- Certificate of completion
- 13 CEs through the Oregon NASW Chapter for interested participants